Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Something To Remember You By

Sometimes I'm so forgetful I can barely function. It's like I have Alzheimer's. Been that way all my life; when I space out I forget the overall context I'm operating in. Like, imagine if I were an alcoholic and decided to quit drinking, did a whole bunch of thinking and planning about it. The next morning, I'd wake up and start drinking and not even remember that I was supposed to have turned over a new leaf. Two or three days later I'd go "Oh yeah! Shit I totally forgot I wasn't supposed to be drinkin'!"

That same thing happens to me every day. I make all sorts of plans and decisions and promptly forget all about them. I made a To Do list and was all jazzed about getting going on some stuff I had to do and other stuff I wanted to do. That was 8 days ago and I just now remembered it. Fuck.

No comments: