Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Courting

Courting someone - and by that I don't mean for marriage, I simply mean... seeking a new relationship. And by relationship I mean the way in which one relates to another. Not necessarily a comitted relationship. I have a relationship with my postman for example. I say 'postman' and not 'postperson' because the postman is a male. The postgirl, a cute, broad-smiled latina, delivers mail the the next street over. Anyway, the point is, I have a relationship with my postman, for example, and ours is a strictly professional one. He brings the mail and snaps the box shut with a bang. That is a relationship. The way in which we relate, has to do with mail delivery. I also have a relationship with my friends. We talk and hug and go to dinner. You get my point.

Anyway, seeking any new relationship, there's a tendency to put on one's best face, show the shiniest facet.

Oh for heaven's sake. Let's cut to the chase and really be ourselves. For once. Let's just hug and comfort and not have to put up all the defenses and plot wargames and stratagies. Stratagems. Whatever.

No comments: