Thursday, April 12, 2007

frequency

I might be calling my friend's baby's mama too often.

Here's a tip:

If you start calling or IM'ing every day (or night), soon you HAVE to call every day, because if you stop, it sends the message that you're backing off or are sick of them. You might not want to send that message, but maybe you can't keep up the pace because your spouse is going to be at your side for 4 days straight on a long weekend, or maybe you're going to go on a vacation with your spouse, etc.

The thing to do is pace yourself.

Just remember, cheating is wrong and cheats both your significant other, and yourself.


~


Her baby has an minor medical problem, and has had it for like 2 months. Being as she doesn't have health insurance, she initially took the baby in to County Hospital (why does everyone say only Canada has free health care?!) and the moron doctor basically blew her off. Now that it's gotten worse, she's wondering what to do. Since my wife knows all about that stuff, she said to maybe ask my wife.

So I did tonight, though I said my friend (the bad-boy guy) and his girlfriend (not really) were wondering about their baby. I couldn't tell the truth about how the guy has been MIA, since I've been using him as an excuse as to why I call that girl's apartment and cell phones all the time.

My wife told me to call her and she'd talk to her. I was scared my wife would say mention the baby's father and the girl would say "Oh he hasn't been around" or "I haven't seen him in weeks," and I'd be caught.

But it seemed to work out ok. My wife talked to her and gave her advice for like 15 minutes and then hung up.

My only concern is that this girl will feel weird about making out with me now. Or that it was weird that I didn't call her or talk to her today like we usually do. But I'll find out soon enough.

No comments: